Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quatrième et un

BIKE RIDE!

Riding the hills of San Francisco on a brake-less track bike geared at 49x17 is incredibly dangerous, hard, and fun.


View Larger Map

Kentaro showed me around Oakland and Berkeley. The town are weird little suburban-ish enclaves of hippie-dippy types, liberals and breeders. It sort of reminds me of Vermont. There were all sorts of quirky stores selling items ranging from strange to useless. The Berkeley campus is beautiful. Its the perfect amalgam or "mash up" of classical institutional architecture and nature. We had some excellent pizza after hunting unsuccessfully for the vegan donut shop. Kentaro had to go to work so I followed him back into the city.

P6220015

P6220011

I then decided I wanted to go to the Golden Gate Bridge. There were some seriously fucking steep grades on the way there and back. check it out:

P6220024

P6220021

P6220025

P6220030

P6220028

P6220033

As they say out here on the west coast, it was a "hella tight" ride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww, look at your little face in California.

Matt Cole said...

When I look at that photo I think "oof, what a mug..." but I figured I would post it anyways.